Saturday 19 February 2011

Diary entry: week 2

Research
Since I last wrote I have been looking at a wide range of music magazines allowing me to get a wider understanding and pre knowledge of what I would be producing. Whilst looking at the magazines we picked out codes and conventions which appeared on and within the magazines, focusing specifically on the front page, contents and double page spreads.
After understanding what a music magazine entailed I created an initial ideas task in mind map form where I wrote down all of my ideas focusing on: layout, colour, subject matter, names and photography. I have also started to create a questionnaire which will include minimum of 20 questions enabling me to understand what truly makes a good music magazine. I have also selected which 5 magazines I shall be analysing for my codes and conventions write up and research. They shall all relate to my views on music magazines and the target audience highlighted in my initial ideas as the most popular and reflect my views on music magazines. However I shall also include a magazine which does not relate to my target audience allowing me to compare the differences therefore allowing me to get a wider understanding of the possibilities I can include in my final product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment